Please click on the link below to view our available boxers and submit an application!
Thank you for considering adopting a rescue boxer from NTBR! Before we begin the process, please note North Texas Boxer Rescue’s adoption requirements below.
- You must live in the Dallas Ft. Worth area.
- All current and past pets must be:
- up to date on all vaccinations
- currently taking Heartworm prevention
- Homes with yards must be securely fenced because Boxers are often jumpers and can clear a fence to freedom.
- Renters must have the approval of their landlord and confirm there are no breed restriction for Boxers.
Once you meet these requirements, please view our available boxers by scrolling down this page and complete an Adoption Application associated with the boxer you choose. The application will ask for the three boxers that you are most interested in meeting.
Your application will be reviewed and sent to a volunteer in your area. The volunteer will contact you to schedule a home visit within two weeks. Please Note: The application process begins immediately with approvals occurring quickly. Please do not submit an application unless you are ready to take home a dog. NTBR does not have the space to hold dogs. If you are not able to proceed with a home visit when contacted by a volunteer, your application will be archived. We will ask you to resubmit your application if you wish to adopt at a later date.
After your home visit is complete and you are approved you can begin meeting dogs. A volunteer will assist you in this process.
NOTE: Vet records for adopted dogs will be emailed out in approximately 2 weeks from the date of confirmed adoption. We do not release the records until we know that dog has been permanently placed. Please keep in mind that we are a volunteer organization and we work as promptly as we can. If there is a true medical emergency we can try to expedite the process, but your vet should not refuse to see your dog without records. If you are refused than we suggest visiting one of our recommended vets.Every dog adopted will have the following:
- Current on vaccinations and dewormed
- Spayed or neutered
- Will be micro chipped
- Will be treated for heartworms and/or on heartworm prevention
- Any additional medical problems will be treated and paid for by the rescue. (Once a dog has been adopted any new medical problems that arise are the responsibility of the new owner)
We look forward to hearing from you!